• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

CLUTCH AND PLATE INTERCHANGE FOR PLYMOUTHS #2

Started by 29plycoop, March 16, 2021, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

29plycoop

Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

29plycoop

Wont let me list the last two charts. Says file is to large. Will try later.

chetbrz

Thanks for posting this information.  A couple of questions:

• Does any of this point to a possible modern replacement clutch disk ? 
  • Do you have any info on a possible modern replacement for the throw-out bearing ?
The throw-out bearing assembly is made up of both the bearing and the backing plate.  I'm looking for a close match for the bearing.  The backing plate could be remanufactured to accept a slightly different ID on the bearing.  I don't think an exact match is available.

Best Regards,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29plycoop

Can't help with any modern replacement clutch discs or throw out bearings. Will continue to try. At swap meets, with the list of interchangeable clutch disc supplied, may find a disc with one of the other cars listed.

chetbrz

Quote from: 29plycoop on April 04, 2021, 11:38:38 PM
Can't help with any modern replacement clutch discs or throw out bearings. Will continue to try. At swap meets, with the list of interchangeable clutch disc supplied, may find a disc with one of the other cars listed.

I understand.., thanks for posting the interchange info.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Articifer Tom

For clutches you can send out to a place that does fork trucks or hi lifts  and other like equipment .