• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Test Drive #3 Lots of Pictures....

Started by chetbrz, June 02, 2007, 10:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

As reported by my friend Don...

Hooked up with Chet (and another co worker Sergio Tron from Chicago) this evening and went cruising in Chet's 1929 Plymouth. Car mostly ran great (Chet really needs to work on his gear shifting) on the first leg of the trip. We went to a local cruise in at a Chicaflet (or what the ever it is called) drive through joint. I rode this leg (shotgun) in the front seat and let me tell you Chet is a good guy but we were a bit too close for security purposes especially when Chet grabbed the emergency brake handle. We hung around at Chicaflet for a while and elected to check out the other action in town. Hit the highway running well. At the first stop light Chet's son-in-law pulled up beside us and challenged us to a race. Chet goosed the engine a few times and when the light changed the race was on. I now know how blueskies will soon feel as this was not much of a race. Sorry to say Chet lost big time. Down the road a piece we encountered a bit of a hill. That is when the problems started. The engine was surging as if starving for gas. Chet skillfully drove to the nearest Sunoco and filled up with 260. We had about 3 miles to go to get home (with a stop at the 7-11 for breweskies). This part of the trip was done in short segments due to the car not running well at all. Had to pull over several times and give the car a rest. But the old Plymouth made it home under its own power. All in all a fun drive. Here are a few pictures.

I am still having gas line problems but noithing that can't be fixed.    A great night with good friends....

Actually at the cruise-in a guy asked if I were going to install hydraulic brakes.  I told him I didn't have to because Plymouths came stock with hydraulic brakes in 1928.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member