• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Door Window instalation

Started by Tinkeys, January 27, 2011, 05:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkeys

Yesterday figured out how to install door window !
They were clever engineers in 1930

SDGlenn

I've had my door trim removed for a week now, and have been looking at the window mechanism. I just wanted to remove the windows to help with painting the inside of the door. Any tips? Mybe the coupe is different from the 4 door?  Thanks,
Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

At a guess Glen !!
coupe doors would work the same way for4 door windows, I removed inner frame around window loosened window channel that door window slides in from top of door frame down to lower side of window ,undo screws that hold in window winder to door, with door widow almost up to top tilt glass to inside of car just a little and lift upwards, while holding glass up and in slide of winder from bottom of glass slider channel and window will come out of door.
Just reverse steps to replace glass.
Hope this has not confused you.

SDGlenn

I may be confused some times..... or so I'm told. lol.  Thanks, I appreciate the help, you did not confuse me, it all makes sense. They will come out easy now, with a little wiggling. At least I won't get paint all over the inside of the window and probable save me a bit of time besides. Thanks,
Glenn
SDGlenn