• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Parts run today

Started by ski, August 10, 2014, 08:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ski

Although I've been hot and heavy back into my car after a 6 yr. break I had to clear it out of the garage to make room for a parts hulk I purchased. I wish I could have gotten the body with it but I got what I could. I had to rush to move a roller out of my driveway to make room for the coupe and clear the garage to survey the wreck. Added bonus was I drove my coupe for the first time ever to get it out in the street and turn it around.  I'm bushed but wanted to post a couple pics.  I only bought it for the wire wheels and hubs but got them cheaper by hauling the rest away.

ski

aussieQ

Looks like you now have a lot of spare parts. Your coupe looks good. Is it finished?

Gary S

ski

No Gary my coupe is not finished but I finally got a serious start to it after owning it seven years.  The mechanicals are about 80% done. I have to mount three more new tires, lube all points, and a lot of other small jobs.  Then I'll finish tightening up all the wood in the cab area and figure out a plan for rebuilding/replacing the wood roof.  Last thing will be paint and interior although I kind of like the imperfections and patina it has now. It may just get some rubbing compound and a wax job.

ski

aussieQ

I'll look forward to seeing a picture of it on the road

Gary S

chetbrz

Hi ski,

I guess you have been bitten again by the refurb bug.  I like your coupe and the wire wheels will be a nice addition.  I retired in July of this year and plan to start on my 29 next year after I sell my house here in Virginia and relocate completely to our home in Delaware.  I agree with you on the patina imperfections.  My car has a very old leatherette.  I don't think it is original but certainly early.  It's not ripped but really shows her age.  When I redo the interior I hope to use the old leatherette or most of it.  Like you I think the patina really gives the car character and makes it a lot more interesting.

Good luck keep us tuned into your progress.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

frankp

It's fun to see what everyone is doing or planning.  Thanks for posting.

frank
frank p