• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

windshield side channel

Started by p4jim, May 21, 2013, 02:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p4jim

My 30U needs the windshield side sash channels installed.  Can anyone tell me their orientation?  I have one that looks like it was attached 1/4 from the top or bottom of the glass but I don't know which.  And I don't know which side of the channel is in and which is out.  One of my channels still has glass pieces in it and the other is clean with no clues about where it goes.  The windshield is now mounted solidly in place but I'd like to get it moving up and down.

Regards and thanks for all your help.  jim

Old Man

Just as a help comment: 1929 Chevs used the exact same windshield and overhead crankup mechanism as our Plymouths. They are interchangable.  Do not know if '28 and '30 Chevs also used it. Do you have a '29 Chev in your area/club? '29 Chevs also had the same front and rear WEED bumpers,with the double black painted indented strip, as our '28 and '29 Plymouths. And while I'm at it, '29 Durants had the same tail light bucket,lense and mounting arm as our '28 and '29 Plymouths.  

p4jim

Thanks for the idea.  There is a Chevy club here. 

p4jim

I have ordered the three seal kit from Steele for my 30U windshield.  Should there be a seal for the top of the windshield?  Up till now my windshield has been solidly mounted so I have nothing to go by, and there was nothing sealing the top.  Thanks, jim

Tinkeys

As far as I can recall there is rubber all the way around bottom was like half a channel rubber and soft and I think top has a T or L shape that rubs against glass !
Cheers Tony.