• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Hello? Beuller?

Started by racertb, July 11, 2015, 10:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

Just checking in to see if anyone is still out there.  Hope you're all doing well.

Rusty

Not much to report with me.  Since my oil pump broke, my car it collecting dust. 

racertb

Have you located another one?

Rusty

imoore

well from me, i broke a front leaf spring. so have had the front end overhauled. which has also included getting rust cut out of the front fenders and now replacing the valence panels. hopefully by the end of the year she will be back on the road.

Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

chetbrz

After we moved a month ago we are still unpacking and trying to enjoy the summer without working through it.  I haven't even uncovered the 29 since last year.  Still sitting on three wheels and a jack stand.  Took my 48 out once so far this summer.  I guess work may start on my car as the weather turns cooler. 

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Crazydave

Work hours have been hectic, makes it tough to spend the little free time left on the car. Especially with a 4 year old and being in the middle of our 3 months of summer up here in Yankee land.

I am still hoping to do tires and wiring at a minimum, whether that happens in time for a show this year remains to be seen.

ski

I'm nursing a large post surgery dog.  I may try to move my car into the back yard to get it under cover and also to allow my to putter with it for the next 6-8 weeks. She loves to sleep in the makeshift kennel I made her out there instead of inside.

Old Man

Car's alright ,the Old Man needs surgery. Have had one, need two more in the next month. Ain't growing old GREAT!!!! Oh well I hate answering the phone these days as it's liable to be an update on who's being buried today. Was at a cruise on Wed. only to find out a guy who had a beautiful yellow Packard coupe passed on at 54 from a heart attack. I've made 71 so I should count my lucky stars. Pat and I will make it 50 years of holy acrimony next Nov. Hope I'm not depressing you guys too much but my wife and I have come to realize that retirement is not the "Golden Years" they're the "Rusty Years". She's mostly metal now like RoboCop. Strangely we have all this money and no mortgage now only to find out our body's are quiting on us. Wife and I were at another cruise and supper last night,nobody died. WHEW!   

racertb

Well, it's good to hear updates from everyone nonetheless!

chetbrz

Quote from: Old Man on July 17, 2015, 10:12:06 AM
Car's alright ,the Old Man needs surgery.

Hi Old Man,

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with the upcoming surgery.  Your statements aren't depressing they are a reinforcement that we all should make the most of the limited time we have whether young or old.   My sister-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer at age 52 just over 4 years ago (she is a nonsmoker).  It had metastasized to her brain and spine. When the doctors looked at her x-rays they couldn't believe that the 52 year old women in front of them was the patient and they couldn't believe that she could walk let alone dance with the illness she had.  After varies treatments from chemo, radiation, and numerous others I can't understand.., her cancers have shrunk and are stable.  During the last 4 years of treatment 2 years ago she walked into the living room to find her oldest son dead from a drug overdose weeks before his wedding.  The point being is that through out all this misery and sickness she wakes up every day thankful for the miracle of life.  She makes the best of every day she has.  I know this doesn't help much but it is just the other side of the proverbial coin.  Whenever I think things are going bad, I think of her.  She is my inspiration.

Good luck with the surgery, I'm 5 years behind you.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Old Man

Thanks Chet. It all water works problems so it isn't life threatening just annoying. I'm glad your sister-in-law made it. We lost our only son in '08 in an accident in TO.
   On a lighter note Pat and I were invited to a church social on the week end in Egypt. And they were going to have camel races! I said we had never been to Egypt but we lived a couple of klicks from Palestine. When we arrived in the Plymouth we were introduced as the couple from Palestine which got a big laugh. The "Great Canadian Camel Races" are tubes carried by 4 adults with a kid riding the "camel" in a race around hay bales. You might have guessed by now that this all took place in Ontario about 100 Km. north east of TO. I always get a kick out of going down through New York State and one of the 1st towns we come across is Mexico. You'd be surprised how many Americans don't know it's there. Hot as hell up here today. About 33 C (into the 90sF) and I'm into the pool. Just a final note. Pat and I are waiting for the phone call from our son-in-law that our new,and first, grandson has arrived. Could come any time now. As you say life goes on.   

chetbrz

Quote from: Old Man on July 20, 2015, 02:34:00 PM
   On a lighter note Pat and I were invited to a church social on the week end in Egypt. And they were going to have camel races! I said we had never been to Egypt but we lived a couple of klicks from Palestine.

LOL, you had me going on this one.  I was reading and saying to myself I thought he lives in Canada.  I am glad the Surgery is annoying rather than life threatening.  BTW... Hot here also, at 3:00 PM today you could smell the blacktop cooking from the heat.

Chet...

Old Man

Hospital phoned yesterday. I'll be operated on Aug. 5th. They will try to put both procedures into one ,so no second visit. I hope so. Daughter is still refusing to give up our new grandson. Still waiting for the phone call as of Thursday morning.     

chetbrz

Good luck with both...