• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Photo Sharing - Uploading Pics

Started by racertb, October 25, 2017, 09:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

Just a quick question...what photo sharing/hosting site is everyone using to share and upload pics here?  I used to use Photobucket, which was free, but now they want $600/year to use their service.  I know there are several free sites out there, but want to see what you guys are using or how you're posting pics.

Thanks!

Ted

chetbrz

Ted,

I made the topic sticky so it will stay on top.  I am interested in the answer.  The cost you stated is pretty high.  If enough are interested I could setup a photo book for a nominal fee.  Just for forum members.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Crazydave

I was looking into this as well. I was using Photobucket, now my build thread is trashed because all the picture links are broken. That site was getting so ad riddled as well, it was almost unusable.

When I get time, I'll experiment with Flickr, (part of yahoo and I already have a yahoo account) and some google app must have a way to embed them, I don't see them going away anytime soon.

Crazydave

Testing Methods.....

Ok 2 ways it can be done with google is through Google Drive and with Google photos, but there are steps involved.

First Google drive - Steps copied from another forum credit to others see below. Too much work, and space limitations I believe.

Steps to do it:
"- Create a folder named "Public" under "My Drive" folder
- Right click on this folder, context menu opened, choose "Share..."
- In the "Share with others" dialog, click on "Get shareable link" (after that, the link icon will turn to green)
- Click on "Done" button
- Drag and drop an image to this folder
- Right click on this image, context menu opened, choose "Share..."
- In the "Share with others" dialog, click on "Copy link"
- Paste this copied link to a new tab, an image will display. Right click on this image.
- Choose "Copy image URL" from context menu
- Finally, paste this copied link to your nopCommerce forum post."

Update after reviewing from other browsers and PCs, I cannot get this method to work

Crazydave

Testing step two.. Google Photos. Preferred method. Less steps, and says space is unlimited with your google account as long as you use their preferred quality settings. I reposted the first 2 pictures to see if there are any noticeable quality differences...

Using google photos. I uploaded my test photos to folder I created specifically for embedding to forums. Make sure you click into your album, then click on the settings, (3 vertical dots) then sharing options, click the switch that says anyone with a link can see these photos. Need to be organized from the start, don't want to move pictures around and break links once they are mapped.  Once in their proper destination, you click on the image and it opens to it own webpage. Right click, copy image address, on the forum reply, click Mona's picture, paste your copied URL in and you should have an embedded picture.

chetbrz

Sorry Dave no pictures came visible.

How many pictures do you keep on the web.  meg-a-bites, gig-a-bites, or tera-bites?
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Crazydave

Posting with chrome, they embed and look fine from my PC.

Think I figured it out. Was a sharing option buried in a setting. Updated the instructions in the previous post. Think I'm going to use method for a while. Liking it way better than using photobucket.

Crazydave

Quote from: chetbrz on November 05, 2017, 05:47:30 PM
Sorry Dave no pictures came visible.

How many pictures do you keep on the web.  meg-a-bites, gig-a-bites, or tera-bites?

The only pictures I keep on the web are for reasons like this. Sharing on forums. No social media for me. I upload the ones I post. Would guess high megs maybe a few gigs. Tough to keep score the images get larger in size and quality.