• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Hot Days here in Virginia

Started by chetbrz, June 10, 2008, 08:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

The weather here in Virginia has been abusive in the past couple of days.  I took this week off from work to do a number of needed repairs to my 29-U. 

I installed the refurbished gas tank yesterday.  I think the fabricated Ford gas gauge looks pretty good.  Much better then the painted tin can cap that the last owner used.   It's hard to tell from the picture but the gauge is reading ΒΌ tank.

Well..., back to work,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Jim Yergin

Chet,
Looks good. Looking forward to seeing it in person at Sully on Sunday. I agree the heat has been terrible but it is supposed to break tonight. With a little bit of luck it looks like I may have my wagon on the road by Sunday. Today's goal is to get the hood installed. BTW, have you received your registration for Sully? I sent mine in a couple of weeks ago and have not received anything yet.
Jim Yergin

chetbrz

Jim,

They don't send anything back to you.  When you drive into the park they will ask you if you are pre-registered.  They will have everything waiting for you when you arrive.   I have the 29 in the back porch again while I work on her.  The heat is unbearable in that I get sun in the back from about 1:00 PM on.   I am about a day behind but should catch up a bit with cooler weather.

Since Friday I have completed so far:

- Installed original radiator
- Installed the head, plugs, distributor cap.
- Installed the gas tank
- Installed a new front windshield gasket with tracks.  It now opens & closes real nice.
- Installed new glass on the passenger side door.  Remade the rotted wood pieces and installed new window tracks.

Left to go:   (4 days and counting)

- Button up the cooling system
- Installed the hydraulic rear axel 'T' & original reservoir
- Installed the vacuum fuel pump. (with power assist)
- Install the floor covering & pedal trims
- Bring the car to the muffler shop and have a rear tail pipe fabricated.

I think that should do it for now...

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Gary

Chet

Gas tank is lookin good.......Where did you get the parts for the windshield ?.............Mine could use a little tuning up..........

Thanks       Gary............

chetbrz

Gary,

I bought it from Steel Rubber.

Seal set, windshield, rubber only, for crank-up windshields. 3 piece set for bottom and sides. Lower strip fits dovetail groove in cowl. Usually for Fisher bodied WPC cars.

70-0016-52.....$ 89.20/set

If you want I can take a picture.  The pieces fit like a glove.  I just had to trim the lengths.  A little pricey but good quality.

Chet...