• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

How Sweet it is... :)

Started by chetbrz, June 24, 2008, 08:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

I drove the 29 to work today, just a couple of miles.  After the oil pressure odyssey I decided to take the old girl out for a spin after work.  I drove a good 35 miles and on the home stretch I pushed her up to 50 mph on the car's speedometer.  I sustained that speed with throttle to spare for a good 2 or 3 minutes.  Oil pressure was rock solid at 45 psi which in reality is 40 psi.  The engine remained nice and quiet with no bearing nock.  At idle she maintained 20 psi which was telling me that the pressure relief valve was closed and all that wonderful oil flow was going to my engine components.

When I got home I parked her under the shade tree in the front yard and snapped a picture.

What a great day after a very scary time.  I have to admit that Walter P. picked a very hearty engine for his Plymouth line.  After driving a good 40 miles round trip to the car show on Father's Day with minimum oil going to my engine components and a ton of bearing nock the old girl bounced back in good stride.   It just goes to show you what a great car old Walter P. built in 1929.  As an aside the wife followed me back to our rented garage and reported that I was no longer blowing smoke out of the tail pipe.

How Sweet it is,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

mopardave

I have never pushed my Plymouth past 40 miles an hour, but it runs fine at that speed.
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler