• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Does anyone know....

Started by woodr004, June 29, 2008, 06:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodr004

I have the build card for my 1930 30U and it said my upholstery was 4 wood cloth. What is this cloth type, color and where can I find it or its equivalant?

The body paint just says Briggs Body. There is nothing listed for upholstery above belt (what ever a belt is) and below Black.

What does this refer to?

Thanks.

Pat

chetbrz

If no one from this forum responds, then try the Plymouth Owners Club Forum.  You don't have to be a member of the POC to join the board.

See link below.

http://plymouthbulletin.com/smf/index.php

Good Luck,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

ehenin

Hi Pat,
I bet you have wood wheels, and a cloth, not a leather interior. I have never seen the 4 before.

What does it say about your model type? and body color? date loaded or built? delivered to?

Thats about all the information you will get out of your build card besides body, motor number, and serial number.

Try www.ply33.com
Eric

woodr004

I bet you are right. It has some cloth remenants in the interior. It has wire wheels but I've found the correct wooden wheels. As I look at the build card, the line where the upholstery goes has 4 wood with one stamp and cloth with another. They are close enough that at first glance it appears to be one stamp but upon closer inspection it is definately two stamps.

The body paint says Briggs Body. This is a  rumble seat coupe. It says RUM. ST. CPR. for model. It shipped June 3, 1930 to Des Moines, Iowa. I'm guessing that it was painted black as that is the stamp where it says upholstery below belt.

Thanks!

Pat