• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Dave's 1929 U Resto project

Started by Crazydave, November 04, 2013, 02:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazydave

So the optimum target is 17hg? I am curious to see how the car runs and sounds at the different vacuum levels. Maybe I'll tube a gauge in the cab while I tune.

Is Old Man still around? Haven't seen him on here for sometime. Run across is his old posts often while searching. Hope all is well.

frankp

Dave was over yesterday with his gauge and we measured 75 psi for all cylinders, 1989 rebuild of .030 over.  I'm happy; thanks Dave.

Plugs were pretty black, though.  I believe this is from the carb.  It's been a long time since they were brown.  Time to clean the carb.

Also been puttering with vacuum on intake before this .  Initial measurement is a bouncy 20 - 21 at idle  Could dial it back to about 18 with major movement in distributor.  Needle settles to stationary with increased rpm.  These measurements are done with Spark Advance knob in Full Retard.  All this is a waste of time with the carb not operating properly.
frank p

racertb

Looking for maximum vacuum.  19hg was the maximum vacuum I could get with the distributor advanced the most it could go; backing down a degree or two (17hg for me) to prevent too much/over advance of the timing...settled in nicely and fine tuned at the carb.