• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Found original motor for 34

Started by Tinkeys, February 19, 2012, 02:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkeys

Hi all !
        Was lucky to find an original motor that was taken out of a original DR-XX owner was going to restore then found it was easer to rod the car.
The following day removed sump cleaned and replaced fired up on ground , oil preasure was initially 15 psi on free spin on starter , fire up  smoke every where  , idle oil psi about 25 psi small rev to see presure rise to 60  then as motor warmed up after 20 min. With water flow to keep cool oil preasure went as low as 2 to 3 psi at idle and still puffing blue smoke  so have decided to fully rebuild this engine before going in car !
I was hoping like 30u engine started after 36 years still excellent except for minor oil leakes.

SDGlenn

You sure are one "lucky" person. Congrates. I think you have a good plan, being as the engine is on the shop floor yet, sure sound reasonable to me. Then you know for sure what you have.  Also, you may have some parts from your original engine to use for swapping with others.  Good luck with that... keep in touch.  I haven't started the 39 yet, but am getting closer. lol

Later,
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Hi All !
        Since I have motor that came with car all repaired but not assembled , will continue to go ahead with first engine as a temperary motor to get 34 on road ,this will also give me more time to rebuild original engine without rush and detail it as well !

chetbrz

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

I am glad to hear of your plan with the correct engine
Jason Anderson