• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Master parts book

Started by 1930, February 10, 2013, 05:45:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have a Dec 1932 Plymouth Master Parts book and another fellow I know has a copy that is dated April 1 1934. What gives, why two copies so close to one another?
Jason Anderson

chetbrz

My guess would be to cover the vehicles manufactured between Dec 1932 to April 1934 ?
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Quote from: chetbrz on February 11, 2013, 06:40:58 AM

My guess would be to cover the vehicles manufactured between Dec 1932 to April 1934 ?
I believe there were model specific that did this but I am still learning, thanks
Jason Anderson

chetbrz

As far as I know, The Plymouth Master Parts Books covers all years all Plymouths which should be stated on the front cover.  The 1934 Book will cover 1928Q through 1934.   There are numerous publications and the crossover point might be 1936.   Plymouth Master Parts Book 1936 - 48.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Maybe I am not understanding your response Chet because there is something about Plymouth I am not clear on, I will post these few photos and maybe someone could add some clarification, the book with no cover is mine and it is dated Dec 1 1932.

The other page is from a different Master parts book which I have seen copies of but do not own and is dated April 34
Jason Anderson

Jason Anderson

Old Man

The PLYMOUTH MASTER PARTS LIST dated Apr. 1 1934 is the 'bible' we use today. It covers 28Q to 33PC/PD. It does not cover 1934s although it was printed in '34. Your copy should be Chrysler part number D-2660. The number is at the bottom of the front cover. Any parts books previous to this one would be suspect as it's believed Chrysler would correct any errors as they went on through the years with these manuals. However with that said I do know that it shows 1932 PB and 1933 PC/PD wire wheel hubcaps to be the same part number. In actual fact '32 PB hubcaps had a slightly 'rounded' edge to them ,different than '31 PAs, and '33 PC/PDs had an indented 'scalloped' edge to them. Otherwise they were the same. It appears by 1934 Chysler just wanted to stock the one cap and so settled on the last one in production. Is this the  kind of 'error' you're looking at?      

Quote from: Old Man on February 22, 2013, 09:11:22 AM
The PLYMOUTH MASTER PARTS LIST dated Apr. 1 1934 is the 'bible' we use today. It covers 28Q to 33PC/PD. It does not cover 1934s although it was printed in '34. Your copy should be Chrysler part number D-2660. The number is at the bottom of the front cover. Any parts books previous to this one would be suspect as it's believed Chrysler would correct any errors as they went on through the years with these manuals. However with that said I do know that it shows 1932 PB and 1933 PC/PD wire wheel hubcaps to be the same part number. In actual fact '32 PB hubcaps had a slightly 'rounded' edge to them ,different than '31 PAs, and '33 PC/PDs had an indented 'scalloped' edge to them. Otherwise they were the same. It appears by 1934 Chysler just wanted to stock the one cap and so settled on the last one in production. Is this the  kind of 'error' you're looking at?      

I guess that does answer my question than yes, thanks oldman
Jason Anderson