• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

30-U coupe

Started by Russ T. Fender, November 19, 2019, 11:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ T. Fender

I have an early 30-U coupe with the rectangular rear window and need to replace the cloth insert in the roof.  The current insert is an obvious replacement and I am looking for pictures of the correct insert trim and material.  Also, my owners manual has a wiring diagram that show a dome light but a footnote says that the dome light is in the sedans only.  When I dropped the headliner there are wires running to the area where a dome light would be located but there is no evidence a dome light was ever there.  Did the coupe have a dome light or not?  If it had one, what does it look like?  Thanks.

ehenin

Both of my coupes have a dome light.  I don't have a good picture for you. Sorry

ehenin

Follow up on dome light, mine are round and you can just see the on/off lever in the back of the attachment

Russ T. Fender

Thanks that is very helpful.  I can't understand why the original owners manual that came with the car says the dome light is only on sedans but that must be a mistake if you all have dome lights.
Now if I can get some pictures of the roof insert I can figure out if the trim material on my car is correct before I start to replace it.