• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

1929U Plymouth

Started by wellery, July 31, 2011, 12:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wellery

Hi all - have just put a deposit on a 29 Ply hope to pick it up the end of the week everything being equal - I pretty sure she was a roadster that had been converted to a Ute (pickup) - got it out of Queensland Australia - then will get it home to Geelong in Victoria and start assessing where to start - First question I need to answer do I take it back to a roadster or rebuild as it is? It is a rather extensive project - I can only make out some of the VIN number medallion that is located to the left side of the dash (as she is a right hand drive) - The code I have so far is GP-?20-C - the motor number is U5287. I hope this make sense

I know I will be asking a lot of questions in the future - so thanks in advance.

Cheers

Wayne

aussieQ

Hi Wayne,
Congratulations on your purchase. I presume it was the Ute that was on Ebay recently. Glad it is coming down to Victoria. I was wondering who won it. I'm sure which ever way you go with the resto you will find lots of help, advice and support from everyone on this forum.

Regards

Gary.

wellery

Gary

Thank you - yes it was the one of ebay - by chance it just happened to be sitting around the corner from my mates place up there in Jimboomba - havent even seen it except for a pile of pics a mate took of it and what was on ebay frustrating but I am sure will get to look at it all over, under and inside the forthcoming years - Do you know if we can track history on these girls through the RTA or VicRoads?

Cheers

Wayne

Tinkeys

Hi Wayne !! welcome to forum !
Vic roads only keep records for approx 10 years so they told me recently as I just road registed my 30u sedan my car was unregisted for 36 years so I had no luck with them. Would like to see some picture when you get around to it !
I am also in Victoria (Keilor) Cheers Tony.

wellery

A couple of pics - as u can see she has a lot of work to go!!

29roadster

Hi Wayne
  Well done,  looks like you got a bit of work ahead of ya,  Keep ya of the streets any way.
  I got one that was in similar condition its a roadster that had been converted to a ute,There just a bit harder to find parts for.
  But they tell me it will be worth it when im finished :)   Cheers Glenn

wellery

Glenn

How long ya been at it ? - do you know the layout of the dash as the intruments go?

Cheers

Wayne