• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Windshield riser

Started by Russ T. Fender, May 02, 2021, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ T. Fender

The mechanism to raise the windshield on my 30-U  is long gone and I have been looking for a replacement with no success.
There is a set up available from The Filling Station that was used on Chevys and I was wondering if anyone had used that as a replacement for the Plymouth mechanism.  It's pricey so I don't want to order it unless I know it will work.  I am also looking for the door bumpers that go in the door post and that also does not seem to be available.

frankp

Try Steele Rubber for the door bumpers.  Have no info on windshield mechanism.
frank p

Russ T. Fender

Thanks Frank.  I tried Steel Rubber and they don't have anything close.  I noticed that they show a pad for around the shift and brake lever but they list it for '29 Plymouth not '30.  Do you know if there is a difference or will it work for both?

Russ T. Fender

I went back to Steel Rubber and looked up the door bumpers under '29 Plymouth, not '30, and they showed up so I was able to order them.  I'm getting there one piece at a time but I am getting there!  Thanks again!

frankp

Checking the Parts book, the gear shift draft pad, p/n 46950, is the same for the Q, U, and 30-U up to car number 1561283.
After car number 1561283, p/n 347696.

The draft pads for the pedals have different p/ns for each year. 30-U p/n is 335882.

Good parts hunting.    frank

frank p

Russ T. Fender

The gear shift pad should work for me as my car is an early 30-U.  The pedal pad still might work depending on what the differences are.  I will try to get the dimensions for it from Steel Rubber to see how they match up with what I have.  Anyone  have any information on the Filling Station windshield riser mechanism? Thanks.