• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Looking for waffle (buckle) washers

Started by Touring29, April 02, 2022, 10:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touring29

I need 30 waffle washers to put them back in original form. Does anyone have any they want to sell?

chetbrz

I don't think anyone manufactures these washers.  I would save any ones you have.  I have looked for wave washers or waffle washers and really haven't found anything comparable.  If you are only missing a few you can substitute with any washer.  Most importantly castle nuts with carter pins are a must have. 

A recommendation:  Whenever you grease the car check the driveshaft. 

Good luck,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Russ T. Fender

I searched for them for years to no avail.  I used the best of the ones I had and found a few at Hershey over time. They are out there but finding 30 of them will be a challenge. I will be picking up a spare rear end and transmission over the next few weeks but don't know if the universal joints are there.  If they are you are welcome to whatever washers are there.  I'll let you know one way or another after I pick the up.

Touring29

Quote from: Russ T. Fender on April 03, 2022, 12:41:36 PMI searched for them for years to no avail.  I used the best of the ones I had and found a few at Hershey over time. They are out there but finding 30 of them will be a challenge. I will be picking up a spare rear end and transmission over the next few weeks but don't know if the universal joints are there.  If they are you are welcome to whatever washers are there.  I'll let you know one way or another after I pick the up.

I got my discs from Tom at Then & Now and he said he looked into making the washers a few years ago but the tooling would be around $1000 so he didn't. He did say regular washers can be used as long as all the edges are smooth. My plan is to use the ones I have in the front since its harder to get to than the back then use grade 8 washers for the rest. I noticed that the most wear seemed to be between the spiders and the first disc so I am thinking about using fender washers there. I need so many because the rear was missing almost all of them the front was missing a few and since the discs Tom makes are 1/4 instead of 5/16 I will have to use 6 instead of the original 5.

If you come up with some or I find any I will switch them out. Pate Swap meet is later this month and I am going to look there. Thanks