• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

History Search

Started by SteveG, December 30, 2014, 06:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveG

I am trying to find as much history as I can on my '28 Business Coupe. I have the orininal FedCo numper.

I contacted Chrysler (now FCI) Historical Services but they said quote;
"Unfortunately, our build records for 1928 Plymouth model year are incomplete.  We do not have the build record for your vehicle in our files.  These records were never transferred to the archives and do not exist within the company."

Does anyone where I can look for more information?

Thank you,
SteveG 

hursst

You could try the AACA Library  (www.aaca.org).  They may have some books, original brochures, maybe an owner's manual, some paint chips, etc. that may be of some use.

SteveG

Thanx Hursst, but I'm looking for information on my specific car. FedCo# RP  264  Y.

Looks like the Chrysler Historical is now the FCA Historical Services.

MoPar to Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. Walter P. is probably flipping over in his grave!

SteveG

Old Man

I wonder if you guys actually know that Walt Chrysler was bilingual. His parents came from Chatham Ont. where the family name was Griesler. The Griesler family is considered one of the founding families of Chatham. When his parents emigrated to the U.S. there was some dislike at the time towards Germans so they anglizied their name to Chrysler. But Walt learned German at his mother's knee. I oftened wondered what he would have thought of MB taking over Chrysler Corp. Maybe he wouldn't have minded. Now I don't know about the Ities. (All the previous bio info from Walt's biography 'Life of an American Workman'. There must of been something in the water around then because the Canadian Disney family started to move south over the border also. Elias Disney born in Bluevale Ontario moved down and his 1st child was a Walter as well. I have Disney's just up the road from me. )  p.s.- Many of the early Chrysler vehicle bodies including Plymouth were made in Chatham ,the Chrysler ancestral home,by different body manufacturers. I've often wondered if Walt had something to do with that.