• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

A Trip to the Yergin’s Homestead

Started by chetbrz, July 28, 2007, 07:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

I jumped into the 29 and took a ride to Jim Yergin's home in Warrenton, VA.  The drive was approximately 42 miles with a top speed of approximately 45 mph.  I stopped for a quick equipment check at the Manassas Battlefield Park.  Picture below.

I am very envious of Jim's shop which is a three car garage with a full standup attic above.  Jim has every tool imaginable and what isn't store bought is home made, from the sand blaster to the power coat oven.  Jim's car is looking great and the woodwork Jim has done.., is in a word..., excellent.   I can't wait for next year and maybe Jim will bring his 1941 Plymouth Woody to the Sully Plantation Car show next Father's Day.

After taking a tour of Jim's historic Victorian home we jumped into the 29 and took a quick drive through the beautiful Virginia country side.  A great trip for my car and a real pleasure to visit Jim's beautiful home.  Total round trip miles 84.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member