• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Carter RT-08 problem

Started by Touring29, March 30, 2024, 11:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ T. Fender

Being computer challenged I just now realized that I can tap on your photo and enlarge it so I can see it clearly.  I have that part on one of my carburetors and managed to get it off so I can send it to you for duplication if you want.  The only way the part comes off is if you remove the butterfly and take the throttle shaft out.  The piece will not go over the knurled end. The shaft is drilled to accept the screw holding that piece to the shaft so once the screw is completely removed the piece slides off easily.  I have pictures but can't resize them to post here.  I can send them via a private email if you want.

Touring29

I'll try to get a better picture. I tried the fix the carb shop told me to try on the RT-8 and it seemed to help but didn't cure it. I put the BB-1 back on and made better linkage. I ordered a exhaust pipe adaptor from Amazon that might work for the air cleaner. Is a part made on a 3d printer strong enough?

Russ T. Fender

I think I finally figured out resizing pictures.  This is the part I think you are looking for.  It could be fabricated but if you have access to a 3D printer it would be an easy fix. 

Touring29

Here is as good as I can get of the accelerator pump linkage I stuck it back on with some tacky tape. The 2nd picture is of the piece that is broke off and the link that connects to the pump. For reference the rusty colored piece with the slot screw in it is the arm to the throttle linkage. I have ordered some fittings and am going to see if I can get the vacuum tank fuel pump to work. Is tubing 1/8" like goes to oil pressure gauge big enough for the vacuum line?You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.

Touring29

Quote from: Russ T. Fender on April 07, 2024, 01:24:27 PMI think I finally figured out resizing pictures.  This is the part I think you are looking for.  It could be fabricated but if you have access to a 3D printer it would be an easy fix. 

That's it! My nephew has a 3D printer. I don't know how good he is at using it but I can find out. I also have a son that is a tool & die maker and sometimes he can get time to make me things at work. After going to watch the eclipse with friends I cobbled up some lines to see if I could get the vacuum tank pump to work. I hooked up a vacuum line to the intake but left the carb on the car hooked to the electric pump. Then I ran a hose to a gas can and another to a container and started the car. It was sucking gas out of the can and into the container in no time. No leaks! I think its going to work when I get the stuff in to hook it up right.

Russ T. Fender

If you want me to send you the part to use for a pattern let me know.

Touring29

Quote from: Russ T. Fender on April 09, 2024, 08:50:44 AMIf you want me to send you the part to use for a pattern let me know.
If you can do without it for a while and can get it off without ruining it I'll get it copied somehow. I haven't managed to get the broke one off without breaking it further. Today I a working on a air cleaner adaptor. Do you still have my address?

Russ T. Fender

I took the part off my spare Carburetor so I don't need it right back.  I tried to find your address without success.  If you still have my email send it to me and I'll mail it right out to you.

Touring29

I think I have you under Val is that correct?

Russ T. Fender