• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

1934 dodge

Started by Tinkeys, December 27, 2011, 04:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDGlenn

Thanks Doug, I didn't know that was posible either. Any day I can learn something new is not a wasted day. Thanks,
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

I doubt that is possible on most rear-ends, I never would have thought it would be on any
Jason Anderson

Tinkeys

Last night after work pulled out diff. Centre and flipped it upside down re installed it ' also had to make a puller to get axle's out
Should be able to test run tonight after work if rain stops

Tinkeys

All good ! Did not drive 34 on road ,but when selected forward gears it now moves forward .
Just need to wait for weather to stop raining as the top is still not covered .then it's around the block we go !!
Cheers Tony.

wellery

Good luck with it all the weather has been a bit ordinary

Wayne

Tinkeys

Good news !
               We got some sunshine today and as it happens got a phone call from upholsterer to finish of roof and interior ,so I organized an unregisted vehicle permit to drive from Kellor to Rossana approx 45 minutes drive
Car rides very smooth and soft ,only have issues with clutch ajustment and accelerator pedal kept comming of ball hinges on toe board , very happy with the way car drives !!
It's been worth the headache's for the last 6months  and  still amazes me the difference in Chrysler engineering between my 1930 Plymouth and this 34 Dodge.

Tinkeys

this is what car looks like at the moment !
still have cosmetics to do, and repair front R/hand gaurd so that bumper bar can be put on !

chetbrz

Nice car, I like the color.  You did a great job.

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Jim Benjaminson

I like 34 Dodge's but I sure like that Holden ute!  Too bad they don't make those here in the USA!

wellery

Tony

Will have to get up and have a look at her!!!!

Wayne

Tinkeys

Hi Wayne !
No problem ,car should be back Monday then it goes to panel beater to get r/hand front guard stretched and painted .

Tinkeys

Hi all !
I sneaked over to Rosanna this morning to see the progress of Dodge interior , it now has black top insert , almost all head linning all door trims finished  just carpet to go and hopefully ready by Monday ,at least now it can be driven in the rain .

Tinkeys

Just arrived back home with Dodge all new interior and soundroofing on floor and fire wall , it's just like a new car inside !
Just have panel beater and front guard to to do there thing , I must say its a real pleasure to drive, just love it !!

SDGlenn

Tony, pictures pictures pictures, you forget to put in the pictures.  Congrat, sounds great.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

wellery

Tony

Well done mate, she will be ready for cruising soon - quick question on another topic where did you get your blast cabinet and what size was it to fit the wheels in.

Cheers

Wayne