• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

ingnition picture need

Started by 1929luv, November 25, 2009, 10:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1929luv

I need a picture of an ignition swtich so I can e-mail my lock smith what it looked like he lost mine.  In the car is fine so if any of you will take a head on picture of a switch for the 29 ply it would help me out a lot thanks Craig

29plycoop

This is the front view on a '29 Plymouth ignition switch plate that is seen through the dash. Not in the best of shape, hope it helps. The entire front is supposed to be black and says "IGNITION" at the top and "LOCK" at the bottom.   If you need more photos let me know.  My switch is out of the dash in the trunk so I can get to it if needed. Happy Motoring!!!! and THANKSGIVING - Rich 
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

1929luv

Rich since your switch is out can you please send me a picture of the actual switch  that is behind the plate and a side veiw thanks craig

29plycoop

Here are the photos you needed. The three mounting tabs on my coil are displayed as it fits on the dash with one at the 12:00 o'clock position. The one with the cover plate removed from in front of the ignition switch still has another plate mounted in front of it which is the plate displayed in the previous thread with lettering on it. My ignition switch turns a little tight and I have worked white grease into it and that helped a lot.  I wanted to remove it and work on it but it is made of pot metal and I am afraid of it coming apart. It has a few age cracks but at least it works for now. Hope this helps.  HAPPY MOTORING!!!! - Rich  

1929luv

thanks so much for picture. If you know of anyone that has an ignition switch let me know please I need one bad.  Thanks again Craig

29plycoop

:oJust noticed I had two of the same photo so took one off and added another. WHOPS!  ;D