• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

hop up

Started by Rusty, November 27, 2010, 09:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

I got a book a Model A fords and the stock 4 popper could be hopped up a nice bit with little work.  A high compression head will raise compression ratio from 4 to a littler over 6.  A more agressive cam can be bought and then to intake/carb combos.  You can get them  to run 50's (mph).

My question is has anyone done such for plymouths?  Were there police (higher compression ) heads in the day?  What about milling the head to bump compression?  Anybody have a cam regound in a more agressive profile?  I am using a model a stock carb since it has a much better air cleaner than the stock plymouth, otherwise mine is bone stock.
rusty

29UJohn

There was a "Red Dome" head, but don't know much about it.
John
1929U 4 Dr

SDGlenn

Rusty,
I asked a very simular question on POC forum. I thought I was going to really catch hell at first, but one gent came back with taking 60 thousands off the head and 10 thousands off the block surface ( I don't know why not all 70 off the head) but these guys know a lot more about the old cars than I ever will I'm sure.. The Red head is a higher compression head the way I understand it.
Glenn
SDGlenn