• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

battery cover

Started by Rusty, June 30, 2010, 10:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

I have a "new" plywood floor when I got the car.  There is a square hole cut out for access to the battery.  A square piece of wood fits in this hole and is held in place by very new and not orginal metal plate screwed into the wood.  What was orginial?  Does any one have a photo?
thanks
rusty
I am now turning my attention to the inside of the car.

29UJohn

The wood cover just sits in there - nothing hold it down except gravity and flor mat that covers it.  It has a single round hole to enable yout to lift it off.
John
1929U 4 Dr

I could be wrong and hoping someone will correct but but there is a good chance there is supposed to be a small detent spring on one edge that keeps it sorta in place or at least keeps a little pressure on it, at least that is what Dodge uses, I can post a pict. if anyone is interested.
Jason Anderson

Quote from: 1930 on August 07, 2010, 07:26:30 AM
I could be wrong and hoping someone will correct but but there is a good chance there is supposed to be a small detent spring on one edge that keeps it sorta in place or at least keeps a little pressure on it, at least that is what Dodge uses, I can post a pict. if anyone is interested.
Otherwise the desc is identical
Jason Anderson

mopardave

My car is an older restoration, but the cover just sits in there.  Nothing holds it in place.
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

Doug

My 30U has a steel spring on one side of the cover to keep it tight. I am resonably sure this is the original floor.

Steel spring is what Dodge also used originally, thanks
Jason Anderson

Rusty

If someone could post a photo, that would help.  Mine is just a square  hole that the mat covers.
rusty

Jason Anderson