• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Igniton switch

Started by imoore, January 17, 2019, 04:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoore

Hi All

Some of you may have seen my add looking for an ignition coil and switch. Well I decided to have a go at making a look alike. I had a face plate but the coil had been chopped of the back. Then an aftermarket switch was fitted. So with these items I set the task to make it all flush then remark the label.
made a bush the sits nicely within the 3 tabs on the backside of the faceplate. The switch just screws in tight. Then once the switch is in correct orientation the bush was just welded to the faceplate.
Next was the decal label. Using Microsoft word I drew up a few simple shapes and made them to size. The original was white with black writing. But black with white writing matched amp/oil pressure gauge. I then added the text. Test printed on normal paper for fitment. Then printed it out on photo paper.

Very happy with the result. Now to get a proper steel etched or printed version made.

Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

imoore

abradney

kimmc

If you have extra etched steel or printed versions made of this I know someone who would buy one.  Just sayin'....  :)

racertb

Looks great!  I'd be in for one too...my letters are kind of worn out   :)

imoore

Thanks guys,
regarding supply.
I have to note that I have reduced the ID of the decal to match the dia of my barrel. I can though, change the doc to original  ID specs and have them printed.

Once I get mine finalised, I will know more.

If I get some made to original specs. Let me know who is keen, seems 3 so far. It will be at cost plus shipping.

Ian

racertb

Thanks Ian...I'm interested!

ehenin

Hi Ian, any idea if these are the same size as for a 1930 30U?
Eric