• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Crickets...

Started by racertb, September 18, 2014, 10:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

It's awfully quiet out there...hope everyone is ok and having fun with their rides!

Ted

SteveG

It has been quite.

Just had a total knee replace so Amelia will be alone for several more weeks.

SteveG

chetbrz

Hi Steve,

I hope everything heals up as expected.  Ted no news may be good news in that everything is working A-ok, fingers crossed.  I will be taking my 48 Plymouth to an airshow this coming weekend,  Hope it doesn't rain.  It's off topic for this forum but I will post a link to the pictures anyway.   

Cheers, Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

racertb

Old Man

We went from basically a very cool Summer almost straight through to Winter it seems again. Have been throwing a couple of logs in the airtight every evening now. They say we're in for another very cold Winter like last year! Ugh! Went through 5 bush cords. Usually only about 3. Have 5th cord coming in this week from wood lot. Last Cruise for the area tomorrow. Looking up travel brochures for our annual trip to Cuba in Nov.
   Wife has had both knees done now. She says you wouldn't know she doesn't have the originals. They were made in England and are stainless steel. Put in in Toronto and Peterborough. She also fell 3 years ago on ice and snapped her upper left leg and that's now a stainless steel 'Stryker screw' from the U.S. doctor said he slid it in beside her bone marrow and screws holding it in place at the knee and hip!!! Her bottom 3 vertebrae were fused with stainless steel clips about 10 years ago. All to do with arthritis. But she says you wouldn't know it by her. Ain't modern medical science wonderful. Good luck Steve.

p.s. Yes she 'rings all the bells' at the airports. But since we're not flying into the U.S. they just 'wand' her all over and say 'have a good trip'. Haven't flown into U.S. in many moons but understand they are VERY strict.         

SteveG

Thanks for your Good Luck wishes and encouragement.

The replacement went well and am getting along great! Walking around and start driving today.

Your wife is some touch trooper!

SteveG