• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

model Q manufacturer date

Started by imoore, February 28, 2015, 05:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoore

Hi all
So I would like to know a closer date that my tourer was manufactured. Unfortunately I dont have the fedco badge. So am calling out to other Q owners who know there date and engine number. Mine is Q186007. I know this is only going to date the engine and would only apply if they put each engine in sequence and if it is the original.
But would still give me a month to go by.
Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

chetbrz

The Q was produced from June 1928 until January 1929.  The engine numbers ran from Q175000 to Q242482 for a total of 67,482 across all cars manufactured as Q's.  If you dived by 7 to include production in June 1929 that's approximately 9,640 per month.  Your engine U186007 would be somewhere in the July timeframe.  I don't know how the engines were divide between Detroit and Windsor so we can just assume sequential.  Of course we are taking an educated guess here but I think your car was pretty early and I would suspect late July or early August of 1928.  Just a guess assuming that the engines were installed sequentially and initial start up production was slow until both productions lines were in full operation.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member