• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Data base of 28 to 30 Plymouth FEDCO numbers

Started by aussieQ, October 02, 2008, 09:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aussieQ

Hi guys, 

Just wondering if it would be possible to keep a data base of plymouth FEDCO numbers on this website. For privacy reasons we I would suggest it only contains the town/state/country and body style details and it's fedco number, not the owners details, unless they wish. We could list the details of any plymouths we come across at car shows or where ever, as well as those we own. It could help identify how many plymouths are still around as well as assist future owners track their previous history, particularly these days with vehicles being imported and exported. 
Anyone else think it might be worth while?

Gary

mopardave

I have a copy of the list compiled in 1989 for the Plymouth Bulletin.
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

chetbrz

Quote from: mopardave on October 19, 2008, 07:40:03 PM
I have a copy of the list compiled in 1989 for the Plymouth Bulletin.

Hay Dave,

Could you send me a copy of that list.  I wouldn't publish it without permission form the POC but I am interested in the serial number base and the number of registered 4 cyl Plymouths at that time.

Email   chetbrz@aol.com

tks,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Satillite70

I'm all for it!
I'd love to know just how many are still known to exsist!

Names are fine by me, but should be the option of the owner I guess.  Minimum should be Fedco # , car details and location.

Chris Oborne
28 Q 4 door #GP349R
Saint John, NB
Canada

Rodney

Hi all

I have problem with my FEDCO number and the cars country/location being posted.
What does FEDCO stand for?

Rodney
Sydney, Australia

mopardave

The list I have has names and locations of the cars that were known at the time.  What does everybody think?  Should I distribute the list or should it come from POC?
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

29 doUg

Even though I dont know what the harm would be, especially after this long, I guess I would check with the POC first.

mopardave

QuoteOriginally posted by chetbrz:
Hay Dave,

Could you send me a copy of that list.  I wouldn't publish it without permission form the POC but I am interested in the serial number base and the number of registered 4 cyl Plymouths at that time.

Chet the copy quality is not good.  I can try and scan it in and send it to you.

29 doUg

Well, I came across my a few items of interest. The POC '94-95 roster I found isnt one of them, its worthless. The POC 2000 roster isnt much better, though it does list vehicles by categories; several dozen Model Us are listed, but no FedCo numbers.

The Jan-Feb '94 (#204) Plymouth Bulletin had a really good write-up on the '29s. Mar-Apr 2003 (#259) had good stuff on Models Q and U.

Last month, I picked up the WPC News from Aug '81 that featured the Model Q and U on eBay for $6. It was worth it, pretty decent edition. Anything good on our cars isnt that easy to find.

mopardave

The list I have is mostly 28's.  There are a few 29's, but nothing beyond that.  It is by no means complete for 28-30.  It does have Fedco numbers on it and I can check bt Fedco number to see if a specific car was catalogued in 1989.  At that time, the one I have was listed as fouth on the list of oldest survivors, but the owner that is listed was three owners before I got the car.

chetbrz

Quote from: mopardave on November 24, 2008, 04:04:10 PM
The list I have is mostly 28's.  There are a few 29's, but nothing beyond that.  It is by no means complete for 28-30.  It does have Fedco numbers on it and I can check bt Fedco number to see if a specific car was catalogued in 1989.  At that time, the one I have was listed as fouth on the list of oldest survivors, but the owner that is listed was three owners before I got the car.

Dave,

Thanks for sending the list.  I have been snowed over with work from my day job so I still haven't had an opportunity to look it over.  I think it is a nice idea to have such a list available, maybe in the private section of this web but I will have to contact the POC and find out if they have a problem with making it public and also if they would share an updated list.  From a historic standpoint it might give some of us insight into who the previous owners of our cars were.

Tks, again.  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

mopardave

Chet, I am not sure that the list has ever been updated.