• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

1929 Plymouth Vin. #

Started by plymouth rust, October 16, 2014, 10:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plymouth rust

I was told by someone that the vin# is also on the frame of the 29 Plymouth at front under the left front fender. Is this true? my book says that its only on the dash and the door frame left side. My 29 has a very good frame with no scalely rust on it and I have not been able to find a number on it at all.

racertb

I believe the VIN number is only on the dash and the other numbers are for body, etc.  I'm sure someone will be able to verify this.

Ted

SteveG

My '28 is only on the dash. Not sure about the'29.

SteveG

imoore

I too have been told about a vin that was stamped on the chassis. but i have looked up and down both sides of chassis rails, no numbers to be found.
but all the information found on websites for both ply and chrysler vehicles say fedco is the only way of identification.

The only info i have on my car is engine number and body spec and number.

Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

plymouth rust

Yes the book that Butler wrote called The Plymouth and Desoto Story, which is History says that it was only on the dash that year.
Thanks for answering.

Doug

This doesn't help, On the 30 U it is on the left frame, behind the axle, ahead of the brake line. In the 70's I worked for a trailer manufacturer, They put a hidden ser# in the frame.

ski

This is where the VIN on my 29 U is.  It is exactly the same as the engine number and is what was used to title my car. There is also a dash number on the medallion and a body number that is on a metal plate from Briggs Mfg. Co. attached to the driver's side floor.

ski