• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

This is a REAL problem...

Started by 29 doUg, September 04, 2009, 11:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

29 doUg

I dont care if the guy owns it and can do what he wants, this would just be wrong if it gets rodded. Look at this PA, just beautiful. Surely he can find a run of the mill brand X to chop up. The thought of this is a slap in the face of the collector car community. Maybe someone should "rod" HIM! (This was listed in the latest Plymouth Bulletin.)

chetbrz

Doug,

I agree 100%.  But have you ever considered that it might just be BS in an effort to get the price the seller wants for the car.  What better place to get the emotions going then the POC Bulletin.   If in fact it is the truth then that's a great shame but it is best to buy because you are getting a good deal then to be swayed by what someone might or might not do.

My 2 cents,  Chet...  I think it will sell if it is in as good a shape as stated in the ad.   That's not a bad price !!

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29 doUg

Yes, the price is very reasonable for a coupe.

I never thought about it being BS. I would prefer to think of it as such. Thanks Chet!

mopardave

I was gonna street rod my 28 Model Q back in the 90's.  My family talked me out of selling it or street rodding it.  Now, I wish I had gone ahead and made the street rod change. 
All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

chetbrz

Dave,

You made the right decision.  Besides the 28 & 29 Plymouths are really not good candidates for rodding.  The wood framed chassis and bolted together frame would present a real problem with out major reconstruction. 

I think I am going to drop the 30-U engine into my 29.  Hay the extra 14 HP will be a big plus and it is a bolt in.  This way I can rebuild my original engine and put it back some day in the future after I rebuild the rotting wood frame.  I like doing carpentry so I am really looking forward to having the time to do her right.  I am looking at this work to be a retirement project but in the meantime having a good rebuilt motor to putt around the neighborhood would be very cool indeed.  So in a way I may have a 1929 hotrod. 

So what do you think can a 29 Plymouth kick butt on a 29 model A Ford.  May have to take her to the salt flats.  At least at the end of the quarter mile I will be able to stop.

Cheers, Chet...    ::)
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

p4jim

Chet I swapped engines in my 30U this summer.  The new engine (which I have had for several years) had a different bell housing.  The bell housing is longer and the transmission bolt size is different.  No big deal, the original bell housing worked but it was a little bit of a problem cuz I didn't notice until the front motor mount didn't line up to the bolt holes. 

chetbrz

Quote from: p4jim on September 11, 2009, 10:29:32 PM
Chet I swapped engines in my 30U this summer.  The new engine (which I have had for several years) had a different bell housing.  The bell housing is longer and the transmission bolt size is different.  No big deal, the original bell housing worked but it was a little bit of a problem cuz I didn't notice until the front motor mount didn't line up to the bolt holes.  

Jim,

What was the engine prefix ?  Q,U,PA ???  Both motors I have are U's

Chet...