• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

I found some parts what are they?

Started by Touring29, March 27, 2023, 07:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Touring29

I found a container with these parts in it in the deceased owners shop.  I wouldn't have even thought they went to our car until I saw the color of the painted parts. I think maybe the painted parts were to adjust the windshields. I think one of the electrical components is the cut out for the generator and the little fitting used to be the inlet for the carb. Am I right and what is the rest of it. The painted parts open up another mystery. They match the car colors but not the paint job. They are chalky and faded the car isn't. Was it the same color it is now before it was painted? I don't think those are factory colors. According to his wife he didn't do much to the car so those parts must have came with it.
You cannot view this attachment.
If everything works out as planned I will be bring home a complete 29 drivetrain from a running car before the week is over. Details to follow.

Articifer Tom

The top right angled arm is spare tire clamp 30-32 mopars Dodge . And large wing nut is for same , to hold clamp down .

Touring29

Quote from: Articifer Tom on March 27, 2023, 08:46:42 PMThe top right angled arm is spare tire clamp 30-32 mopars Dodge . And large wing nut is for same , to hold clamp down .
Is this for the rear mounted spare? Our has them mounted on the fenders and a rack in the back.

Articifer Tom

Yes .It is for front fender mounted spares . Unable to down load pic here can email if wanted . These clamps were also on Desoto cars and Fargo and DB trucks . You'll have no problem selling ,highly sot in OEM . most copied . Both have numbers and proofs on .   

Russ T. Fender

I have been looking for the side mount brackets and wing nuts for years.  If you want to sell them please let me know. If you don't want to sell them I'd like to borrow them and have some cast

Touring29

I only have the one bracket & nut. I won't sell them to you since I know what kind of guy you are. :)  :) I don't have your address any more. Email or message me with it and I will get them shipped asap. My other option is to put it on a shelf with a lot of other stuff stuff and whoever is cleaning out my junk won't know what it is and  will throw it in the scrap pile.