• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

oil pressure gauge

Started by rwollman, April 28, 2017, 07:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwollman

Greetings all - does anyone have any idea or suggestions as to where I could get the oil pressure gauge on a 28 Q repaired.  In the Car I am working on the gauge is now pegged all the way.  This happened during transport to the paint shop (bad bumps on the rollback).. Car normally carries 20-25 psi idling as I have checked pressure before with independent gauge.  Plan is to put another gauge under dash (temporary) while  original is out for repair.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I know this gauge works with spring pressure instead of a bourdon tube so I suspect damage there from the rough ride.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx in advance. 

29UJohn

There are several companies that advertise in Hemings and the AACA that repair instruments.  I am sure they are all pricy.  One club member I know recommends Bobs Speedometer (bobsspedometer.com).  He does all types of instruments for old cars. Does good work but expensive.
  You might also call Tom Hannaford at Then and Now Automotive Parts. he may be able to refer you to someone. When my speedo broke he referred me to a man in Naples Florida that repaired it for me, it works great now.
  It might be a lot less costly though if you can find a replacement one on eBay, as they show up on occasion.
John
1929U 4 Dr