Author Topic: WANTED --- 29 PLYMOUTH FRONT BUMPER MOUNTS  (Read 1255 times)

29plycoop

• FOUNDING MEMBER
  • Senior Forum Member
  • HAPPY MOTORING !!!!
    • View Profile
WANTED --- 29 PLYMOUTH FRONT BUMPER MOUNTS
« on: November 29, 2016, 06:42:04 AM »
Needing parts for my '29 Ply coupe.
Looking for right and left "S" shaped steel bumper support brackets that bolt to the frame to support the bumpers. Front bumper mounts you might have to part with, please send details. Thanks Rich
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.

chetbrz

• POC MEMBER
  • Senior Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • My Space on the Web
Re: WANTED --- 29 PLYMOUTH FRONT BUMPER MOUNTS
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 11:48:17 PM »
Hi Rich,

I have been emailing with a POC member who has stated that “Like most in the old car hobby I have collected more than I need”.  I’ll check to see if he has any front bumper parts to spare.   I know he has a 28Q and other assorted parts for early Plys.
Did you have a fender bender?  I can imagine these parts getting too deteriorated to re-plate.  Getting mine together to drop off with the plater when I head down to Florida for a visit with the grand kids. 

Cheers, Chet…
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29plycoop

• FOUNDING MEMBER
  • Senior Forum Member
  • HAPPY MOTORING !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 05:31:58 AM »
Hi Chet,   The bumper supports on my '29 Ply had been broken and welded a few times when I purchased it. They are not plated an are painted black. So far have not been able to find any to replace them. When you make the trip to Florida please keep me in mind.
FYI My daughter just moved to Cape Coral Florida about a month ago.
Thank you for the reply. Rich
jj

chetbrz

• POC MEMBER
  • Senior Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • My Space on the Web
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 03:02:59 AM »
Hi Rich,  You might try emailing bain@1791.com, See post below... It doesn't hurt to ask.  Also not sure if the 28Q would work with the 29U.  The bumpers were a little different ??

Copied from the POC Classifieds:

I have some parts from a 1928 Plymouth Q model that are for sale. I do not know what these parts are worth, so I am asking interested people to give me a price for the items. I live in Layton, Utah, so shipping will have to be considered as some of the items are heavy. I have pictures of most of the items that are on the list and will send the pictures if you request them. contact me at "bain@1791.com"

The engine is for sale, as are all the parts on the engine. It rotates very well.
 The transmission is for sale. The parking brake is for sale. The drive line is for sale.
 The rear axle and differential are for sale. A spare rear axle and differential are for sale.
 The front axle is for sale. All the steering linkage is for sale. All the wheels are for sale.
 All the springs are for sale. The radiator is for sale. The speedometer /odometer is missing
 the inner plate that shows only the numbers with windows. I will email all of the pictures if
 you give me your email address.

Also this post:

for sales, 1931 Plymouth parts, including frames, body parts, coupes, some motor and trannies, interior parts and multiple small items, headlights, shells, grills, and various additional parts from my 50 year collection.
 I would like to sell my entire collection as a lot.

You will need to respond through the Plymouth Classifieds:  http://plymouthbulletin.com/noahsclassifieds/list/12

Good luck Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

racertb

• Senior Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 04:20:50 PM »
Chet and others:

I contacted "bain" back in August about the car because I was inquiring about some miscellaneous parts.  After I thought we were going to do business, here's the reply I received (I assume this to be true):

bain@1791.com  Aug 20 at 6:31 PM
To   
racertb@yahoo.com

Message body
Ted, I'm sorry to tell you that a guy from Ogden, Utah showed up at my place and bought the whole car. He wanted it all and came and got it Friday.

29plycoop

• FOUNDING MEMBER
  • Senior Forum Member
  • HAPPY MOTORING !!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 07:23:41 AM »
Thanks for the reply and info racertb. At least some one will put it to good use. If anyone cones across some bumper mounts from the frame to the bumper on  '29 or '30 Plymouth Please drop a note on the form. Happy Motoring. Rich

Articifer Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 11:54:36 PM »
May send a pic with measurement to Jay  ( astheime@ptd.net ) he tears down mostly Chryslers if they match he could have .