Author Topic: Pic of Carter Carb and Filter  (Read 819 times)

Articifer Tom

• View Profile
Pic of Carter Carb and Filter
« on: December 28, 2016, 05:03:50 PM »
Happy Holidays all ,   Looking for better copy of pic I saw by member OLD MAN  of Carter 209s listed in Tech forum . Also would like pic of either that or 156s attached to the vertical air filter talked about on 30-32 Plymouth 4 cylinders . Working on getting my Graham/Dodge pickup back to original set up . It has a long elbowed air filter tube on it going to a universal Zenith . One other twin to it has a filter mounted horizontal right off brass bowl carb . The 4 cylinder engines and chassis for these trucks where Plymouths in the short sizes .

frankp

• POC MEMBER
  • Senior Forum Member
  • 29U 4dr Sedan #Y089WE
    • View Profile
Re: Pic of Carter Carb and Filter
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 03:36:56 AM »
Tom,  Not too descriptive, but intake end of 130S or SA and 209S   Happy New Year!  frank

frank p

Articifer Tom

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:53:12 AM »
Thanks Frank . Looking at back side it matches mine except I have a short pump on it . Have you done any repair of the stand pipes on these type have a broken one and a couple frozen ones . I am soaking one now as screws will not even come out, so tight .

frankp

• POC MEMBER
  • Senior Forum Member
  • 29U 4dr Sedan #Y089WE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 09:05:28 PM »
Mine have the short pump also.  I have never removed the standpipe.  It looks like it requires a special tool.  Here are all the pieces I have removed.  Sorry the picture is so dark.

frank p

29UJohn

• FOUNDING MEMBER
  • Senior Forum Member
  • 1929 U 4 Door Sedan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 05:05:37 AM »
Bob Clark rebuilt mine Carter Brass Bowl Carb after the stand pipe broke.  He is very reasonable and fast.  I think he does it more as a hobby to help out guys like us.  He can also put a new pump housing on if you wish (I chose not to).

bobclark2@gmail.com
John
1929U 4 Dr