• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Time to get into the motor?

Started by racertb, December 27, 2014, 03:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

Thanks, Frank.  That's what I'll look at first, the distributor, the housing, etc, etc.  The last thing I want to do is do more than I have to.  I once got into an engine on a older Ford thinking it was one thing, only to find out the issue was an electrical connection...wasted a lot of time and energy for nothing.  If I do have to get into the motor, I most certainly will so I can get the car back on the road again.  Can you sense some procrastination as well? :)

Just want to be sure and I'll inspect everything external first and let everyone know what I find to see where I need to go from there.

Ted

frankp

Sometimes procrastination can be good!  Although that brings to mind "paralysis by analysis."  From the northern, non-heated garage point of view, spending much time wrenching cold parts is not my cup o' jo.  At least you have a climate conducive to working and not getting frostbite in the process.  If this sounds liking whining, so be it.  Mine is stored for the winter so I'm saved from any decisions to work on it, even though there are things I want/need to do.

Anyway, you'll get this figured out.
frank p

racertb

Yes, the weather is perfect for working in the garage and miserable in the heat and humidity of the summer.  Plus, the shows don't start until Spring so its a good time to get going on it.   I just need to get going.

brian

I would be looking for a sheared pin in the distributor drive gear. (The one on the end of the distributor shaft)

Brian