• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

dry wood

Started by Rusty, November 11, 2010, 07:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty

I have some of the wood on my door that is pretty dry.  Since there is not replacement wood available like the model A and the fact that I do not want to tear apart my car and then have hours to years of work replacing wood piece by piece, is there any stuff that you could put on the wood that would soak into it and "repair it"?  What I was thinking was like a 2 part expoxy that would soak into the wood.  JB weld is a good hole filler but not what I am looking for.
Any ideas?
rusty

1929luv

yes there is some some stuff it is made for marine aplacation!  Call git-rot! Git Rot Penetrating Epoxy 16 Oz. You can google this info and get what you need it is not cheap but works well good luck Craig still need a 29 plymouth hub cap thanks

29plycoop

As a member of of the Antique Classic Boat Society, and the restoration and rebuilding of old wood boats we use Get-Rot on dried out wood with great success.  The wood will be very strong when finished.  Easy to use and cost affective.  Most marine suppliers have it available.  Happy Motoring!!!! - Rich
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.