• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Distributor

Started by imoore, March 18, 2013, 03:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoore

I did a compression test. All cyl are about 70psi which i think is good considering age.
The vacuum test showed the problem. It has week valve springs.
So when i fix it, i will fit the NOS valve guides as well. Give a complete valve overhaul.
Has anyone done this with engine in car. Just curious as to whether the cam needs to removed.

Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

SDGlenn

Ian, the web site you should be using is Tod Fitchs.   WWW.ply33.com  , The amount of info he has is  great, you may find most of your answers there.  If you haven't tried that site, you should.  Hope this works out for you.
I don't think the cam needs to come out, The guides should be able to be pulled out. You should be able to make a puller (and installer) with not much trouble with maybe readybolt, ect.. When you start removing spring keepers, be sure to plug the oil drain holes below the valve springs, to keep the keeper out of the oil pan. Check with Tony, he probable has most of the intel you need.
Good luck,
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

imoore

Yeah i have used Tods web site many of times. Its a fantastic site with a wealth of information.

Ian
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine