• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer

Started by chetbrz, August 05, 2019, 09:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

Hello All,

The board has been so quiet I thought I would break the silence.   I have been involved in many unrelated summer activities which has my car project stalled for the present.  Also I must admit that body work and paint prep isn't my favorite activity.  So once I run out of excuses or other projects I will have to get busy again.

I hope everyone else is enjoying our hot and rainy summer.  At least that seems to be the weather we are experiencing around here.   Sometimes it feels more like Florida than Delaware with temps in the 90s and possible thunder storms in the late afternoon.

So just checking in to let you know that we are alive and well and feeling guilty about procrastinating but we are retired so procrastination is a main stay.

Cheers Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

29UJohn

John
1929U 4 Dr

Crazydave

In MN, we are in full swing of summer shows. Tractor Pulls, threshing shows, hunting expos, grass drags (snowmobiles), festivals etc.. My favorite 4 weekends coming up. This Saturday is the New London - New Brighton Antique car run. The Plymouth's are way to modern for the run. :o Link at the bottom, they have a pretty good photo album. Some real head turning high buck stuff in there.

"Eligibility requirements:  All vehicles up through 1908 and any 1 or 2 cylinder vehicles up through 1915 are eligible to participate in Saturday run.  This includes bikes, motorcycles, steam and electric cars as well.  On Pre-tours only, any vehicle up though 1915."

http://www.antiquecarrun.org/2019-run-info.html

chetbrz

Hi Dave,

Sounds like you are having a great summer.  The early car show sounds like a really interesting time.   I never thought of our cars as being too modern.   The picture on the site was great.  Need to read more about it.  I think the AACA might have a similar event a little closer to me.  I will have to check into that.

I've been a little distracted this summer.  We have been waiting for a dock space and this year we were able to get our old boat in the water for the season.   It's a 21 foot Chris Craft bow rider 360hp and a pain taking out of the water after a long day in the sun.  Now.., just tie it up to the dock and walk away, still getting to know the area around the Indian River inlet.   We have taken it out on the ocean but the inlet can be quite challenging depending on the tide swing.    When the river wants to flow out and the ocean in.., you can have some huge surf to get over.   It's a small inlet, but the river and the inland bay is where we have been spending most of our time.    This will be another maintenance project when we pull it out of the water.   Go figure.

Cheers Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Crazydave

If your a water guy, now is the time to be on it! Sounds like a fun boat.

My car has been back burner this year, been working on tractors and old gas engines. (hit miss) Did take the Ply on a beer a run the other night though. Weather pending, I'll bring it to the Nowthen show next weekend.

chetbrz

Sounds good.   If you have a chance post some pictures from the car show.

Articifer Tom

Hello Chet and All . Yeah , has been quite here of late . Boy , I miss the good times at Indian River . Use to camp the state park there every Labor Day . Parents had friend in Potsnet . Great clamming on the sand bars in that bay .
   Been feel well this year, so got a few hundred miles on '31 this year . Still doing restore on, as I go . Tried to change carb back to Carter brass bowl 209 . Big failure would not start . Tring to get in touch with rebuilder ,as idle tube leaks at top . Think maybe problem . Miss seeing your restore posts .
   Wife and I attended Macungie car show past weekend . Man it's  die'in . In three years I been going to down over 25 percent on swap area and cars even more . But they did advertise adding a beer fest to  toy fest there . Did not see it .  Can not wait until Hershey .

chetbrz

Hi Tom,

Small world.  That's how I ended up in Delaware.  We use to camp at Cape Henlopen State Park.  Although my heart is in long island sound and the Great South Bay, just too expensive to retire in these areas.  On Long Island my sisters spend in one month on taxes what is equal to my yearly tax bill.  I have 3 times the property and a much bigger house.   Of course I lack the multitude of people and services.   So there are pro's and con's to both situations.

If I come to Hershey I'll be by myself.  Melissa is heading for a hip replacement at some point so walking around all day is not on her fall agenda.  I'll have to play this by ear.  No fun walking around by yourself.  We need a golf cart. 

As far as the car show goes.., these can be tough on all in 90+ temperatures.  Hay maybe Global Warming is affecting our hobby.  Melissa always wanted to live on the beach until she saw a cable special on Tsunami.  Now we are a couple miles inland about 40 feet above sea-level.  If the ice capes keep melting she might get her wish.   :)

Stay cool, Chet...

racertb

Hey Fellas, checking in from FL.  Too hot to do anything lately...just waiting for Fall to come around.  Working on other projects.

Ted

chetbrz

Hi Ted, nice hearing from you. Stay cool.  8)

Crazydave

Quote from: chetbrz on August 07, 2019, 04:34:10 PM
Sounds good.   If you have a chance post some pictures from the car show.

The show went on, but the weather was not good. Scattered storms with plenty of rain off and on all day. Have to hand to those folks, they ran them. Lot of touring cars with little to no cover, soaking wet. High dollar rigs as well. Some worth more than a quarter million. (google model k Ford) Last guy to finish was riding a 1912 Indian motor cycle, finishing in a down pour. I observed him literately pouring water out of his boots, after he sat down under the canopy.  I didn't take pictures this time.

Ran into Frank, he was admiringly staring at Ford when I saw him.  :o Think he was a little sweet on it.

Good to see ya Frank!

chetbrz

Dave,  They probably didn't do the work to restore those high $$ cars.  If they did they would be like me, very water averse.  It bothers me to even wash the car after I spent years restoring rusty metal to useable condition again.  I guess if you don't care about the money you can have a great time with your old car in the pouring rain.  So who's crazy them or me ?  Probably me...

It's okay about the pictures why get the camera soaked.   You got to love their enthusiasm.