• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Quiet Board / Spring chores

Started by chetbrz, May 07, 2019, 12:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

Everything comes alive in the spring including work and projects.  The garden absorbs a large chunk of time especially with the level of rain we have been getting.  Cutting the grass twice a week here is becoming par for the course. 

I haven't settled into a good car project week yet, but I have been able to keep focused on breaking in the engine.  I hope to redo the valve adjustment this week.  It has loosened up a bite since startup, cam transition tap until the engine gets hot.   Will install the newly rebuilt RT-08 carb now that it seems the engine is running OK.

Chipping away a tiny bit at a time,  Chet...

Hopefully things are going well for everyone else.  Fingers crossed.
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

racertb

So far, so good!  Keep us posted on your progress.

abradney

Well, while my 30u is still down at the upholstery shop i've had a few cars come and go, however I decided to scratch build another roadster this year, started with a 1930 ford chassis and dropped a 351 Windsor in it. Popped on a steel bucket, fabbed the hood/grill and slowly working through the essentials.  Rear mounting the radiator was a challenge but I think it'll be worth it.

chetbrz

Wow you have been very busy.  The fabricated hood and grill look Great !!  Where exactly is the radiator.  Is it behind the motor or behind the driver?   In any case.., will it get good air flow in the rear ?  It looks like it would be fun to drive.   What other cars have come and gone?  My second question is how do you find the time ?

Impressed,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

abradney

Yes the radiator is in the back, that's a new one for me too, figured I like a challenge so go for it.  A TR6 came and went, a few Willys and a few Volvos over the last few months.