• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Tyre Cover

Started by imoore, December 16, 2012, 03:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imoore

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone has had a custom tyre cover made. im interested in getting one made saying 'PLYMOUTH MODEL Q 1928'. But cant seem to find anyone who does this.

Cheers Ian
BTW Merry Christmas and wish everyone a happy and safe holiday
1928 Q tourer (Holden bodied)
Several vintage stationary engine

aussieQ

Hi Ian,

Just a possible suggestion. Purchase a plain wheel cover. There are a lot of custom embrobery companies around that should be able to put what ever details on that you want. ie companies that do logos and club names on jackets, etc.
Give me a call, I have the rear lamp bracket for you.

Gary S.

Old Man

Because you have 20" wheels I suspect you would have to have a cover made. They were black rubber impregnated linen material the same as the roof I believe. They had an elastic concealed around the opening on both sides. I'm not sure but I don't believe it would say MODEL Q 1928. However I do have a factory photo of the factory supplied tire cover from 1933 and it says 'PLYMOUTH FLOATING POWER' with the v'eed sailing ship logo in the center of the wording. All lettering and the logo silk screened in white. So maybe there was one with your wording on it? The factory cover for 1928 was 'Cloth tire cover (drum type) (domestic) - 47324'.
     Many years ago I was rummaging through the attic in my  grandfather's barn and came across a paper tire cover from the 'teens. It was huge as it had to fit those old 30" and larger wheels. It was advertising a political candidate who eventually became the Post Master General. Unfortunetly the attic had long since become the home of many pigeons and the cover was saturated with droppings. I could of had it but I was very young and stupid. I wish now I had taken it as I have never seen another. It was printed in several colors. Who knows I might have been able to clean it up and today one of those computer printers could of duplicated it...............................