• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Down Under 29

Started by nostalgic, September 25, 2008, 11:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostalgic

Hi folks
I was actually doing a search for parts when to my surprise I stumbled across this site, WOW !
A forum just for us guys, I must say Im very happy about this and look forward to searching through all the old posts, sharing information, and learning as much as I can

Ours is the 29 model, my father bought this car in In New Zealand in 1968, (it had been fully restored 6 months previous), and has done numerous vintage car rallies, weddings, and even used as a daily driver in this period.
I must say it has served our family extremely well up untill now, having recently reconditioned the motor, clutch, brakes, radiator ect, I expect she is ready to serve the next generation of our family just as proudly!
I am currently living in Australia, and am in the process of bringing her over here, where eventually we will reside in Tasmania, (thank goodness for the hydralic brakes )

Hopefully I can work out how to post a picture here...
kind regards

George

chetbrz

Hi George,

And welcome to this forum.  As you can imagine we are not a very large group but then again not everyone is lucky enough to own one of these old beauties.

You are right in that Walter P made a great decision in building his cars with hydraulic brakes.  Driving on the road today it is comforting knowing that you have a pretty good chance at stopping especially in an emergency.   This of course is a little more difficult in a Modal A or a Chevy of the same period. 

By the way nice car, I also own a 29 4 door sedan which I drive as often as possible.

Chet...

Northern Virginia
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

mopardave

All Plymouths: 1928 Q; 1951 P-23; 1966 Sport Fury Convertible; 1975 (Space) Duster; 1999 Prowler

nostalgic

Thank you for your warm welcome guys, Its not the quantity, its the quality I always say Chet....

I should have said our car is a 29 U model 4 door sedan

And as far as I know, those fords didnt have hydralic brakes until 10 years later  ??? what were they thinking...

haha

aussieQ

Hi George,

Welcome to the Forum.

regards from Melbourne Australia.

Gary

Rodney

Hi George

I would also like to welcome to the forum.

I see this forum as a kind of superannuation for my 29U.

The club I belong to spent the day celebrating all the cars built in 1928 a 80th Birthday party.
Next year my 1929U will also be turning 80, and I would like to celebrate 100 years. To do this this we need forums like this one and also to belong to a vintage vehicle club.

It was good to get out on the road with the top down and hit a cursing speed of 50 mph. What a day!

Rodney.
Sydney, Australia