• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

battery

Started by chalten, June 24, 2010, 12:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chalten

Hello all,
short question. Does anyone know or can check what is the amperage of the batteries for 1929 u model? I am either looking at the wrong places or cannot find it. Checked on the instruction book and the parts manual and could not find it there. Mind I am in Argentina and do not have access as you to everything. Buying a battery in the US and shipping it here is totally out of the question so I need to accomodate to what I can find.
thanks.
best
martin

chetbrz

Martin,

These days there are not a whole lot of choices when it comes to 6vdc batteries.   Basically any industrial 6vdc battery from a tracker supply company will work.  The only thing you should concern yourself with is the physical size.  Amperage only matters if you don't have enough and any modern auto or tracker battery will do the trick.  So whether it is 120 cranking amps or 6,000 cranking amps it truly doesn't matter because the physics of the circuit design will define the energy used. (ohm's law)

I hope this helps you in your search for a battery.

My 2 cents,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

chalten

Chet,
thanks for the quick turnaround. I did not realize that amperage wise today-s would be "bigger", so the concern is really physical size.

thanks again.

martin

chetbrz

Martin,

I would look for the battery with the most cranking amps for the physical size requirement and choose that one. 

Marian & RV batteries are usually designed for low discharge rates over a long period of time which require longer recharging periods.   I would shy away from these.  Cars are large discharge rates over short periods with quick recharge rates.

PS... I usually check the board at lunch time most days.

Best regards,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member