• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

1927 Chrysler owner in Germany

Started by chetbrz, July 10, 2008, 09:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

A colleague of mine from Germany was here at our Virginia office this week.  He is also the proud owner of the 1927 M50 pictured below. Werner Lorenz has owned this 1927 Chrysler for approximately 20 years.   He bought the car in South Africa while on business in Johannesburg.   He states that this kind of car is very scarce in Europe and it is almost impossible to find parts for it.  Even in the States you have to be lucky to find parts. We exchanged some supplier info and spent a lot of time talking vintage WPC stuff.  Hopefully we might be able to get together again this year at Hershey in October.

Yesterday I drove my 29 to work and was able to give Werner a ride in another great WPC car built in the same era.   I believe the 1927 M50 uses the same Maxwell Engine that is in the 1928-Q Plymouth.  The only problem being is that the 27 only had hydraulic brakes fitted in the rear.  Werner was impressed with how responsively my old Plymouth stopped when needed. 

Werner drives his car frequently so if you are in Munich and see this 27 cruise by I would suspect with much certainty that it is Werner out for a casual drive.

Chet...

Info from the WPC Museum Web Site:  http://www.chryslerheritage.com/pg500products.php

1927 M 50

Engine: Year: Carline: Maxwell / Chrysler / Plymouth 4-cylinder 1927 Chrysler 50 Compression ratio raised to 4.1:1 and output was 35 bhp @ 2200. L-head, 3 main bearings Bore/Bire Range: 3.63 in. Stroke: 4.13 - 4.50 in. BHP Range: 34-38 Cylinder Block: cast iron, deep skirt Fuel System: updraft carburetor Displacement: 170 cu. in.

1929 Plymouth U Motor

Engine: Year: Carline: Plymouth 4-cylinder 1929 Plymouth U L-head, 3 main bearings Bore/Bire Range: 3.63 in. Stroke: 4.25 - 4.75 in. BHP Range: 45-65 Cylinder Block: cast iron, deep skirt Fuel System: updraft carburetor Displacement: 175 cu. in.

http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member