• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Swamp Cooler

Started by SDGlenn, June 28, 2012, 06:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDGlenn

Has anybody tryed the old time "Swamp Coolers" on their trips? I got hold of one last week, I tryed it out in the garage, just to see how cool it really got, I was surprised. It is from 1956, brand new, never used, with all the original paperwork and packageing. I was impressed and plan to get some good use out of it this summer. I have attached a couple pictures, let me know if anybody has tryed these out. Thanks,
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Hi Glen !
Can you explain how it works  , it almost looks like a home cooler ?

SDGlenn

Hi Tony, Your Dodge is looking great, good job.  Check the POC site, a couple guys posted some good info there on the Swamp Cooler, better than I could have. I will post on how well it works when I finish the 39. I presently have the engine stripped and am re-building it, parts from Bernbaum and a local machine shop to do the machining work. And the front clip and fenders are at my favorite paint mans shop, I will take the body in to him when I get the engine back in it. Next week I hope. Not sure of a paint color yet. Here is the web site for the POC if you do not have it. You can view the posts with out being a member
http://plymouthbulletin.com/smf/index.php?topic=3103.0
Take care of you,
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Hi Glen ! Thank you for your comments  ,
Your swamp cooler is what we call Down Under evaporative cooling !, some houses run this system and they are cheaper to run comparared to refrigerated system.
When I first seen your post I thought it was for your vintage cars LoL !!!
My Dodge should be finished from upholster tomorow , which means I get to drive it home ,
Cheers Tony.

wellery

Glen, Tony

I think you two have something going on - and it is just not the chiller - LOL

Cheers

SDGlenn

Hey Wayne, do you want to join the club, sorry but most we have going on is "Plymouths" LOL It is pretty cool. lol 
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

SDGlenn

I have been put on hold with my engine rebuild, I am still waiting for the Rod Bearings, can't go farther without them, maybe after the 4th. Stopped by the shop that is painting my fenders, etc. They are all still in the trailer, he hasn't started. lol Supposed to be finished by the 4th, guess it won't make it unless we all work 24 hrs a day. lol  I reckon I will be in the 4th of July parades with the 29 coupe. Thats OK to.  lol  AND, I can't keep the water pump belt on the "Swamp Cooler" I'll have to figure something out for that.
Later, Have a Happy 4th all.
SD Glenn
SDGlenn