• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Plymouth vacuum tanks

Started by seasand, September 17, 2015, 10:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seasand

Has anyone used a Stewart Warner vacuum tank instead of the original Kingston vacuum tank on their 28,29,30 U?

Doug

I am using A Stewart Warner. The Guy I got the car from took it off and installed an electric pump. The owner before him had a Stewart pump on it. Looking at pictures it had been on a long time. The Stewart pump am using now I got off Ebay at a real good deal. It was like new. Had some problems in the beginning with the pluming but I have it working and has never let me down. I have an electric vain pump under the floor just in case but never use it.

chetbrz

I have a Stewart Warner Vacuum pump that needs a rebuild that I planned to use if my Kingston pump failed to work properly.  The SW Pump I have came off a 30U Plymouth.  Model 210-L  Patented Feb 14th. 1911.  Probably not correct for factory originality ?? but definitely period for a good replacement part.

It should work just fine on the 29.  Although the problem you are having might be the carburetor's float check valve.

Chet... 
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Doug

Some one PM me about my fuel pump. When I responded to his email It didn't go through.