• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Serendipity

Started by chetbrz, March 04, 2020, 10:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

While looking for headlight components I found my original Hayes Body Tag.  It was in an unmarked envelope with my extra lamp parts.  Go figure why, but at the time I put it there I must have had a reason ??  Since my car was register in Florida & Virginia under the Body Number.., getting my Delaware Title would have been much easier if I would have had this original tag when I applied for the Delaware title.  Water under the bridge now, but the prodigal son has returned and is in a safe place.  :)  The picture below of the suspects last know whereabouts.

PS... Good recommendation for some type of inventory ledger to remind one where stuff is hiding out.  Half the time I can't find my car keys so finding something like this after years and a residence move is truly Serendipity !!
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

ski

Good deal Chet. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together............even if you forgot why you made it.

Russ T. Fender

When I started the restoration of my 30-U coupe I systematically identified and placed parts in numbered boxes and kept a ledger listing every item in each box. Three years later I can't find the ledger and am reduced to searching through box after box for everything I need.  Sometimes you just can't win for trying! 

chetbrz

Been there Russ, I usually make a list for the store only to get there to find I left the list home.  Oh well  :-[

Sky, I am amazed that I have found as many parts as I have.  Finding this tag was the best of all !

Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

frankp

Good that you found your tag.  As you say, we've all done that, but not everyone will say so.  Haven't lost the modern car in the parking lot, yet very close.
frank p