• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Rear wheel/drum removal - wood spoke wheels - '29

Started by racertb, September 25, 2011, 12:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

Good Afternoon:

Having trouble pulling off the rear wheels/drums off the '29...any thoughts on how to do this without any damage?  I've had to do this once before a few years ago but don't recall having this much trouble.

Thanks...

Ted

Gary 30U

Hi Ted. This requires a special puller that threads onto the hud and runs a bolt into the axle to push it off. I had trouble on my 30U and ended up getting a puller. The one that I found that fits is for a mole TT truck. I got it from Mac's Antique Auto Parts, try www.macsautoparts.com (not cheep). Before I got it I got one wheel loose by taking off the cotter pin out, taking the nut off and removing the washer, then put the nut back on (loosely) and driving the car for a while around some corners. The side thrust on the wheel moved it sideways on the axle and then I could get it off.

Hope this helps.

Gary

racertb

Thanks Gary...some bodily force got it off last time...I'll see what I can come up with.

29UJohn

Ted,
I can loan you my removal tool if you want.  Could mail it by Post Office in "If it fits, it ships" box.
John
John
1929U 4 Dr

wellery

There is one on Ebay item number 170707994566 - Antique Hudson Buick Kissel Nash Ford Dodge 1929 1927 1925 1920 Hub Wheel Puller - John would this do it?

Wayne

29UJohn

Not sure, but I would not count on it.  There are many different threads sizes.  The one for the Ford Model TT Truck fits perfectly. 
John
1929U 4 Dr