• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

newby with a 29 or 30 plymouth, not sure yet.

Started by drumyn29, June 24, 2011, 11:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drumyn29

does anyone have a wire diagram for a 30? I have a wire harness halfway installed an I'm not sure where the wires coming from the headlights go. Or the fuel sending and brake light. I'm also looking for a carb, intake manifold, headlight lens, and there are two wires hanging on the headlight bar between the two front lights and not sure where they go either.

thanks in advance
jeff

Doug

The 30 has a horn mounted on the bar between the headlights. That's where those lights go. I know you have some questions about what year that car is. That Horne is only on the 30U. Glad to see you over here

Gary 30U

Hi drum, Welcome. Nice looking car. Where did you come by it.

If you will post your serial number I can tell you (within a week) when your car was made.

From what I can see in the picture (wide raditor cover) it is a 30U, and yes they are correct, the 30U is the only one that had the horn on the light bar. The 28, 29 and 31 all had horns under the hood mounted to the engine block.

Oh, check your engine number, the original 30U engines had engine numbers that started with U.

I have an intake manifold if you still need one, sorry no original carb,  also think I have a spare horn, but have to see if it works.

Welcome again, Gary

Tinkeys

Very nice ! I did see this car for sale a little while ago on the Internet . Good to see it's gone to a good home ,keep us posted on your progress !

29plycoop

Welcome to our chat history room on Old Plymouths.  Put "wiring diagram" in the search box above and a lot of info will come up. Good luck with your rebuild. - Rich
Plymouth and inovation go hand in hand.