• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

Front License Plate Mounting '28-30

Started by racertb, August 08, 2012, 01:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racertb

All:

For what I've seen, it looks the most common way (correct way?) that the front license plates are mounted is on the headlight bar.  I assume that any other way might be incorrect or at the owner's discretion.

Can anyone confirm this?  Also, what type of "hangers", hooks or whatever are used to mount to the headlight bar?  What have you used or prefer to do this?

Thanks!

SDGlenn

I never thought about where to hang the plate on the 1929 model, good question. Pictures attached with my hanger, on the bumper. Maybe I will find out if correct or not. lol
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Tinkeys

Looks very very nice Glen !
Would say you would have better air flow to the side
My 30u came with a centre mount tie bar bracket still cools good !
Cheers Tony

Doug

Here is a picture of my 30U before it was cleaned up. You can see the tag mounts on the bar.

racertb

Doug - do you still have those hangars/clips?  If so, could you take a close up photo of them?

Thanks!

1929luv

the last picture of them hanging on the front of head lamp bar is the same as my '29.  Easy to make mine has a screw in middle to tighten arounf bar and a dimple on the license plate end to retain the plate.  Good luck Craig

Doug

Here are two pics of the clamps. I havn't dusted lately

racertb