• Welcome to 28Q29U Plymouth Forum.

News:

NEW FORUM version is here. 
If you are experiencing any problems, contact chetbrz@aol.com
WELCOME Auto Registration is turned OFF. 
In order to register for this forum please contact chetbrz@aol.com to request access.

Main Menu

heater

Started by Rusty, November 14, 2009, 09:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chetbrz

Quote from: Rusty on May 20, 2012, 10:30:21 AM
I would like to see those scans.  Could you use a water based heater on a car with thermo siphon cooling system?  Would that work?
Rusty

Rusty,

I don't think a water based heater could be used on a thermo siphon system.  I think you would need a water pump to move the water through the heater core.

Just my thoughts,  Chet...
http://www.1948Plymouth.info           Web Master - Forum Administrator - AACA member

Here is that scan of that page, turns out to be a particular section of the Plymouth master parts book,  whomever owned the book prior to me did not take very good care of it unfortunately.

I am going to assume that you guys recognize this now that I have posted it but if not than I will scan and post the rest of the pages.
Jason Anderson

SDGlenn

Jason, Please accept my apology. I was not amused at you, I was LOL at myself. I appreciate all the help I can get from all you guys on this site and value very much the help I get.  Thanks,
SD Glenn
SDGlenn

Quote from: SDGlenn on May 23, 2012, 10:47:29 PM
Jason, Please accept my apology. I was not amused at you, I was LOL at myself. I appreciate all the help I can get from all you guys on this site and value very much the help I get.  Thanks,
SD Glenn

Thank-you, there are so many smart Axxes on these sites I never know whos trying to make someone else feel inferior.
Jason Anderson

wellery

I get that feeling of inferior everytime I post

Jim Benjaminson

Not sure if tinkeys got a copy of the floor hot-air heater brochure but if anyone wants a copy, email me and I'll email it back.  benji@utma.com
Also, just a note.  Heaters WERE NOT standard equipment on cars until about the mid-60s or so.  Heaters, radios, etc., were all dealer installed before you took delivery of your new car and you paid extra for them.  When they became "standard", the price of the car was higher, of course....

Tinkeys

Thank you Jim the copy did come through and I thank you  sey much for your efforts !!